Tuesday, March 16, 2010

FANG-Most Eventful Book Yet, or a Menace in the Making

So:
I read FANG:A Maximum Ride Novel today. I have to say...I'm a little...dissappointed.
Okay first of all: SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ IF YOU AREN'T READY!
Second: On to business.
Okay, so they tell us: Fang is going to die. Yeah, I get that. I'm all excited, thinking how it will make for a great fanfic, super hyped up, all ready to read it...
And his death is so completely utterly predictable and DULL that I can't finish it. I'm just sitting there thinking, "Really Fang? Did you HAVE to pull a Heath(House of Night) on us." And other than that, all I can think is, "FINALLY!"
Then Max goes all Bella-New Moon on us and I just roll my eyes. Uh...ANNOYING! I mean, I get he's dead, but CAN YOU GET A GRIP AND SAVE HIM? So she finally does...and it's the most dull thing ever.
But I like how he ALMOST died. It gave me a good sense of how much they love each other. So Dylan attempts suicide and I think, "hmm...nice, now Fang has no rivals...unless Iggy gets the hots for Maxi! (gasp!)"
And then he pulls his little "running away" stunt. WHAT THE HECK!? Aren't you DONE with the drama yet Fangles?
I was bummed. I've read the MR books at least 5 times each, but I'm not sure I want to pick this one up ever again.
I almost think I wasted my money on amazon.com I could have preordered the next Dark Elite book, or the next Drake Chronicles book, or Lies, by Michael Grant! And I spent my money on THIS!
Uh...BORING!
Yawn. Can we say "been there done that?" JP is trying to "revamp" the flock, I get that. What I DON'T get is why he's destroying it in the process. Okay, so I understand that Max doesn't get to live happily ever after, but why did you have to mess her up so bad?
Oh, and while I'm going at this: Fang, get a grip. In twenty years, she'll be in her thirties (we think.) She will move on. If you're REALLY so full of yourself to think that she won't, then maybe she DOES need Dylan. Sorry Fangles, but he is Stark, she is Zoey *but not so skanky* and you are Erik. Time to move on pal.
He can't just EXPECT her to WAIT! She's an independent, free spirited, AMAZING woman and you cannot lock her up in a cage. YOU of all people should KNOW that! Of course this cage is the metaphorical synonym for her heart, but she ISN'T GOING TO WAIT! At least, she'd better not! Part of leadership skill is to face the front and never look back. Looks like you just got left in the dust, loser. You think I'm sitting around waiting for MY CRUSH! UH....NO! It's like Sam in A Cinderella Story said: "Waiting for you is like waiting for rain in a drought. Useless and disappointing." Time to move on pal. My advice? Find Aly, she currently resides somewhere...well, no one knows where she is. She could be anywhere right now. I"m sure she'll contact you though, for your little group. She always did perfer strong and silent, like her. Of course, you'd better get your pathetic little ego in check at the door, because she MIGHT just be too hardcore for you to take on.
Oh, and screw off. We all hate you now anyways.
Lahtah losah!

And, I'm tired of ranting. I'll be back tomorrow with a whole new series of rants!

2 comments:

  1. fang- aparently i'm coming back in the next book with a new flock -shrugs-
    dejia- i was so flippen pissed when i read FANG i was like "dude this book was supposed to be flippen AMAZING. i waited all this time to read this lameo stuff? WTF?!" yeah it took me about 3 weeks to actually finish reading it cuz i got so bored and just didn't want to pick it up, and then i went and ranted to my mom about how it sucked
    iggy- she got her mom into the series
    dejia- and how she shouldn't even read any of the books past "The Final Warning" cuz to be truthful that one, MAX, and FANG all sucked

    ReplyDelete
  2. Armygirl0604, I've been reading you story Speak on fanfiction and I think its one of the best stories on fanfiction. But you haven't updated for nearly 2 months and you disabled anonymous reviews. Have you quit the story. I hope not. Please post something soon, even if it's a cancellation notice. If it is a cancellation notice, I will be very disappointed because Speak i a wonderful story.
    stonestream2

    ReplyDelete